God's Plan for Salvation
1. God loves you! "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son” (John 3:16-18).
2. You are a sinner. “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us” (1 John 1:8).
3. God punishes sin. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
4. Jesus took our punishment. “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
5. Jesus rose from the dead. “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
6. Jesus offers forgiveness of sins and eternal life to those who believe in Him. “He then brought them out and asked, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ They replied, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household.’" (Acts 16:30-31).7. Salvation is free—a gift from God. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).